Highland National Golf Course
Highland National Golf Course (18 hole)
1403 Montreal Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55116
651-695-3774 Clubhouse 651-695-3776 Range Building
Highland National Golf Course re-opened in the spring of 2005.
The Highland National Golf Course was closed in October 2003 to make way for a $4 million dollar overhaul. The driving range opened in the summer of 2004.
The new course design will include the following features:
A north-south alignment of the driving range and a majority of the golf holes in order for play to be unaffected by the rising and setting sun.
- Tees and greens enlarged to industry standards.
- A full-size 55 station driving range, distanced from residential areas with an additional tee for lessons/team use.
- A series of interconnected ponds to alleviate current ground and surface water issues.
- New parking lots with access off of Montreal Avenue rather than off of Hamline Avenue.
- Provide additional off-street parking, more conveniently located in relation to the clubhouse and starting/finishing holes.
- Operating efficiencies resulting from positioning holes 1, 9, 10 and 18 in direct proximity to the clubhouse and parking.
- A better golf course layout that is longer and more challenging with a better variety of hole layouts.
An additional fun feature will be the inclusion of a “Snoopy” shaped sand trap on the 15th hole. Parks and Recreation has received permission from Jean Schulz allowing us to construct this unique sand trap. We thank her for this support.
Highland 9 Hole Golf Course
1797 Edgcumbe Rd
St. Paul, MN 55116
The regulation Highland 9 Hole Golf Course, with a par 35, is 3000 yards from the back tees. Tight tree lines litter the fairways and large greens provide a challenge.. The 9 Hole Clubhouse offers golfing equipment such as balls, tees, and gloves. An outdoor swimming facility, picnic grounds, and tennis courts are adjacent to the course.